First Aid is the immediate care that is given to an injured or ill person before Emergency treatment administered by medically trained personnel or professional medical care is available. It Includes self-help and home care.
First Aid Equipment And Supplies
1. Basic Equipment
a. Spine board
b. Short board/ kendrick’s Extrication Device
c. Sets of splints
2. Suggested First Aid Kit Contents (Basic)
a. First Aid Manual
b. Alcohol wipes or Ethyl Alcohol
c. Antiseptic solution ( like hydrogen peroxide or Povidone Iodine)
e. Gauge pads
f. Tongue depressor
g. Penlight and extra batteries
h. Band aid
i. Gloves (at least two pairs)
j. Sharp scissors
k. Forceps or tweezers
l. Bandage (Triangular)
m. Elastic roller bandage
n. Occlusive dressing
q. Mouthpiece for administering CPR (can be obtained from your local Red Cross)
r. Safety pins
s. Hydrocortisone cream (1%)
t. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen
u. Extra prescription medications (if the family is going on vacation)
v. Calamine lotion
w. Disposable instant cold packs
x. Antiseptic wipes
y. Your list of emergency phone numbers
3. Cloth Materials Commonly Used in First Aid
b. Bandage (like adhesive bandages in several sizes and elastic bandage )
Keep in Mind
1. Read and understand the First Aid Manual, share and discuss it with family members.
2. Store First-Aid kits in accessible place for adults .
3. Keep out of reach of children.
4. Check the kits regularly. Replace missing items or medicines that may have expired
5. You should keep First Aid Kit one in your home and one in each car .