Sunburn-itchy-achy-ugly burn unto the skin, helpful remedies
Summer is really fun. It’s the warmest season of the year. This is the best time for us to go basking in the sun, swimming in the beach, go fishing, mountain biking, gardening and many more. Indulging into this kind of activities will results to sunburn and in the long run sun exposure will damage our skin, make it wrinkly, even fatal like sun poisoning (wherein you experience chills, fever, or get blisters or a rash)and even skin cancer.
Sunburn is a burn to the tissue that is killing your skin cells after a period of long-term exposure under the heat of the sun. Skin turns into flaming red and then dark reddish to brown which gives discomfort feelings. The skin becomes extremely painful when touched and the affected area often feels very warm as well.
A light-skinned and fair-haired people are more prone to sunburn injury. To prevent skin damage resulting into this take a preventive measure by applying sunblock lotion with sunscreen protection SPF 30 UVA and UVB to fight against sun’s harmful ultra violet rays before every exposure. Aloe vera content sunblock lotion is the best application for its protect the skin from burning by giving your skin a tanning color. Beta-carotene is also an effective sun protectant.
- Use an Aloe vera leaves, fridge it for a while before using it, split the leaves and apply the fleshy part inside on the affected area. This is good for medium to mild sunburn.
- For tepid bath, baking soda is advisable for it is cold when applied on the skin and it retain the skin loss moisture. You can also use oatmeal. Procedure: You can make a compress by using a clean cloth or can just dissolve baking soda or oatmeal in water then soak the affected area in the lukewarm water let it dry in the air without wiping it out with the use of towel.
- To the prevent skin peeling and appearance of painful blister, apple cider vinegar is advisable, just maintain the sunburn moistened by applying it frequently using the cotton balls.
- Calendula soften and heal burned skin. It is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial, and can be used long after the burn to heal the skin.
- Another thing rub the cucumber to the sunburn to give a cooling soothing feeling.
- Ice application work best to stop the burning process.
- Apply a compressed of grated potato or skim milk( buttermilk) the starch of the potato and the fat content of the milk will sooth the burn feeling. Apply yogurt let it stand for a few minutes, then rinse off under cold water.
- Pour peppermint oil directly on the affected burn skin, or dilute some drops of bergamot oil in the water. Aspirin preferably ibuprofen or acetaminophen for it’s more safer to used for fast relief of pain, swelling , inflammation and redness.
- Cayenne stops sunburns. You can take it internally diluted in hot water. Tea, ginger power (sprinkled on oil) and Vitamin E promotes healing process.
Sun nourishes our body, sustain us vitamin D and gives us a positive feeling and energies, its healthy way to let the sunbeam touch our skin. Thus, too much of everything is really bad and these days longer sun exposure is harmful especially during the peak hour where sun ultraviolet rays is the strongest. Just take care of our skin by staying away under the sun between 9am – 3pm. I hope this article can help you with your sunburn-ing issues.
Let’s treat summer with good cheers ☀ , enjoy it without dealing with those itchy, achy, ugly burn unto the skin!